- 1 (13oz) box shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 8 oz package reduced fat (not fat free) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts (packed in water), drained and chopped
- 1 9 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in a clean towel
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (optional)
- Additional Parmesan for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Slowly stir in milk, then add sour cream, lemon juice, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan cheese and chicken (if using).
- Drain pasta and add to artichoke mix. Toss and season to taste with salt and additional lemon juice as needed. Serve with additional shredded Parmesan.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
adapted from allrecies.com