This is easy and fast recipe for delicious brussel sprouts. You can find it in any store in this time of year. Best thing is they are really little things. You can serve this dish by it self or with some roasted chicken.
- 2 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 tbsp gruyere, grated
- sea salt
- Clean the brussel sprouts by trimming off the ends and peeling the outer layer of the sprout off. Cut each one in half.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once heated, add the halved brussel sprouts to the pan and saute for about 7-8 minutes on each side until the outer part is a caramelized brown and the inside is soft and fully cooked.
- Add the garlic half way through the cooking.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add the cheese on top and serve.